First Choice Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (OTCQB: FCHS), one of the nation's only non-physician-owned, publicly traded healthcare services companies focused on the delivery of total musculoskeletal solutions with an emphasis on Orthopaedics and spine care, announced it has signed a non-binding letter of intent for the acquisition of a multi-site ancillary services business to expand its market presence and also has released its financial results for the three months and nine months ended September 30, 2017.
Chris Romandetti, President and CEO of First Choice, stated, "We are pleased to have signed our letter of intent to acquire a complementary business, which if completed, will expand our footprint within our industry, and will also generate incremental revenue and offer additional revenue streams. We anticipate closing the transaction during the first quarter of 2018."
Letter of Intent for Ancillary Services Business
- Offers an expanded market presence through multiple locations
- Additional revenue streams from ancillary modalities not currently offered by FCHS
- Ability to manage broader base of patient pre-and post-operative ancillary services
- Anticipated incremental revenue of $7 to $9 million
- Transaction is subject to due diligence and negotiation of definitive agreements (no assurance can be given that FCHS will consummate the transaction)
Third Quarter Highlights:
- The Company's results of operations were negatively impacted by Hurricane Irma. Most of the Company's revenues are generated from elective procedures. Therefore, anticipation of the hurricane and its subsequent impact, the Company experienced a significant number of postponed or canceled surgeries. The Company estimates results were negatively impacted by up to $1.2 million.
- Total revenues increased 0.2% in the third quarter of 2017 to $7,688,493 from $7,669,743 in the same period of 2016.
- 2017 third quarter net patient service revenue rose 0.6% to $7,127,045 from $7,083,765 in the same period of 2016.
- Net loss attributable to First Choice for the third quarter totaled $440,398 or $0.02 loss per share, compared to a net income of $544,940, or $0.02 earnings per share for the third quarter of 2016.
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA*, after deducting certain non-cash and one-time cash gains and expenses, totaled $417,106 in the third quarter of 2017, compared to $1,438,798 for the same period in 2016.
- During the third quarter of 2017 the Company repurchased 96,303 shares of common stock under the share buyback program and has continued purchasing shares. The total shares purchased through November 6, 2017 is 155,089 shares.
Mr. Romandetti concluded, "While the impact of Irma on our operations was greater than we initially forecast, our disaster preparedness plan has already allowed us to return to normal operations." Mr. Romandetti further stated, "We continue to remain excited about our future growth in our core business and the expected growth stemming from our strategic acquisition pipeline."
About First Choice Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, First Choice Healthcare Solutions (FCHS) is implementing a defined growth strategy aimed at expanding its network of non-physician-owned medical centers of excellence, which concentrate on treating patients in the following specialties: Orthopaedics, Spine Surgery, Neurology, Interventional Pain Management and related diagnostic and ancillary services in key expansion markets throughout the Southeastern U.S. Serving Florida's Space Coast, the Company's flagship integrated platform currently administers over 100,000 patient visits each year and is comprised of First Choice Medical Group, The B.A.C.K. Center and Crane Creek Surgery Center. For more information, please visit www.myfchs.com, www.myfcmg.com, www.cranecreeksurgerycenter. com.