SAN JOSE, Calif. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LiveWorld, Inc. (OTC Markets: LVWD) released today the findings of a study in its new whitepaper titled: Messaging Apps and Chatbots for Brand Marketing. The report examines the advantages of branded conversations, the challenges companies face within messaging apps, and how conversational marketing will impact the future of brand engagement. LiveWorld partnered with Brand Innovators to conduct the survey of more than 200 Fortune 500 marketers across business-to-consumer industries in 2017.
- The study revealed nearly four in five (79%) marketers believe an expansion of the digital marketing category is needed to include two-way conversations between brands and consumers.
- The survey respondents expressed enthusiasm for meaningful two-way conversations, with more than half (52%) of those brand marketers expressed confidence in the ability of existing two-way communications platforms and tools, such as chatbots, social media networks, and messaging apps, to effectively meet their needs.
“Conversational marketing is disrupting the brand playbook as consumers spend more time in messaging apps,” said Peter Friedman, Chairman and CEO, LiveWorld. "Marketers must employ two-way dialogue tactics to boost consumer engagement, be in the moment, and foster lasting customer relationships.”
Conversational marketing, supported by messaging apps, chatbots, and dialogue interfaces are shifting the way brand marketers are engaging consumers. As marketers incorporate messaging channels into campaigns, private and more meaningful conversations are taking place during the customer’s journey. The advancement of chatbots, auto-responders, and technologies that integrate live agents, equip brands for interactions in real-time, while personalizing messages with a human touch to deepen customer relationships.
- LiveWorld’s report discovered more than half (55%) of marketers cited customer service as their primary objective for deploying messaging apps.
- Less than one-third (27%) of the marketers are utilizing the messaging channels to have a positive impact on the customer experience.
- 43% of marketers have deployed messaging apps to address marketing programs.
The study reveals that chatbot usage is on the rise.
- Two in five marketers (40%) responded they believe chatbot usage will increase for their company in 2017.
- Respondents with 15 or more years of experience were identified as “veteran/encyclopedic” marketers, noted the need for chatbots with nearly half (49%) stating they will be increasing their use of chatbots.
“Chatbots are altering the future of brand marketing campaigns with conversations between brands and the always-on consumer,” says Friedman. “Early adoption of messaging platforms enables natural and authentic engagement with customers and provides brand marketers with a competitive advantage.”
To learn more about the views of Fortune 500 marketing professionals and gain additional insights from the report, please view the Messaging Apps and Chatbots for Brand Marketing whitepaper.
At LiveWorld, we provide conversation management software, consulting, and online agent workforce services. These empower companies to manage conversations in messaging apps and social media to develop deeper relationships with customers. We specialize in handling the speed and scale requirements of brands to engage customers 1-on-1 in real-time and deliver personalized interactions with a human touch. Our conversation-centric software is designed to track and manage dialogue, engage customers, and integrate chatbots and human agents with enterprise systems. Companies are able to quickly solve the scale, security, automation, and multi-social channel challenges associated with marketing and customer service programs. LiveWorld services include strategy, campaign management, content moderation, engagement, customer service, and social analytics. Our team of marketing strategists, conversation specialists, chatbot experts, social data analysts, online agents, and software developers collaborate to deliver marketing and customer service solutions that seamlessly integrate software and human teams. LiveWorld clients include the number one brands in consumer packaged goods, retail, pharmaceutical, and financial-travel services. LiveWorld is headquartered in San Jose, California, with an additional office in New York City. Learn more at www.liveworld.com and @LiveWorld.