BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MEGA International is integrating project portfolio management capabilities into three of its most popular digital transformation solutions as a way to better aid companies with strategic planning, IT asset management and business improvement initiatives. This provides a centralized platform to organize, prioritize and manage transformation projects at a strategic level.
The project portfolio module is part of MEGA’s HOPEX Business Architecture, HOPEX IT Portfolio Management and HOPEX IT Architecture solutions. It provides added visibility into the business impacts, costs, risks and benefits of specific projects and increases the ability to properly manage them for successful digital transformation.
“This is a major new step in enterprise architecture (EA),” noted Lucio de Risi. “Other tools on the market don’t have project portfolio management capabilities fully integrated with their EA solutions and can’t handle the full EA lifecycle.”
Strong, effective project portfolio management can help companies reach IT and business transformation goals faster and easier.
- for strategic planning, it can help business managers close gaps between strategy and execution
- for IT portfolio management, it can help the IT team create and prioritize portfolios of transformation projects for easier completion
- for business improvement, it can help funnel ideas from stakeholders into project portfolios, where the most valued suggestions become priority projects that will meet company goals
“This will help executives answer questions that many companies face,” added de Risi. “How do you select and prioritize projects that will deliver the most value to the company? How do you organize and manage them efficiently through completion so that your business transformation efforts are successful?”
MEGA’s project portfolio module moves companies through three phases:
- ideation management, where ideas are submitted, evaluated and approved
- demand management, where business cases assessing costs, benefits, and risks are built and timelines are defined
- project portfolio management, where projects are prioritized based on business value and other factors, schedules are assigned to selected projects, and impact analysis on capabilities is completed
MEGA International is a global software firm helping companies manage enterprise complexity by giving them an interactive view of their operations. Executives gain the visibility and information they need to make the right choices for effective governance and to strike the right balance between capacity for innovation, cost optimization and risk management. Backed by HOPEX software and MEGA consulting services, companies can boost business and IT agility in today’s disruptive business environment. www.mega.com