James “Sandy” Winnefeld
ARLINGTON, Va. & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Big data and analytics firm Govini today announced several appointments of respected industry, government, and tech leaders to its Board of Advisors. The Board will lend its diverse expertise to support Govini’s ongoing pursuit to transform the business of government through data science. The new Board members are:
- Adm. James “Sandy” Winnefeld, former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, former Commander of NORAD and U.S. Northern Command; Distinguished Professor of International Affairs at Georgia Institute of Technology;
- Hon. Robert O. Work, former Deputy Secretary of Defense, former CEO of the Center for a New American Security, former Undersecretary of the Navy;
- Hon. Dr. John Hillen, Professor of Practice and Executive-in-Residence at George Mason University’s School of Business, former Chairman of the Professional Services Council, former CEO of Sotera Defense Solutions, former Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs;
- Will Grannis, Managing Director of the CTO Office at Google, former CTO at L3 Technologies, former Director at Boeing Phantom Works;
- Dave Rensin, Engineering Director at Google, former Principal Architect at Amazon Web Services, Founding CEO and Chief Scientist at Reality Mobile; and
- Amb. C. Boyden Gray, Founding Partner at Boyden Gray & Associates, former White House Counsel, former U.S. Ambassador to the European Union, former Law Clerk to the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
Since its founding, Govini has become the leading provider of strategic market intelligence to federal contractors, federal agencies, private equity firms and hedge funds. It is known for its deep analysis of government market trends, including the annual “Federal Scorecard.” Govini's investors include legendary Silicon Valley venture capital firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Symphony Technology Group.
Eric Gillespie, Founder and Executive Chairman, said, “We are honored to welcome these distinguished individuals to Govini. Our clients will directly benefit from the strategic initiatives this Board and Govini’s leadership team undertake as we pursue our mission to transform the business of government through data science.”
CEO Chris Taylor added, “Budget analyses are increasingly poor predictors of future activity. A data science approach is essential to clarifying and simplifying the business of government. These leaders, representing decades of expertise, will help us ask better questions of our data, so that we can answer harder questions for our clients. They will also help guide future investments in our Strategic Intelligence Platform and add intellectual rigor to the professional services we offer.”
Commenting on his appointment to the Board, former Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work said, “Decision-grade data is hard to come by for senior government leaders. By re-imagining and transforming the business-government relationship through data science, Govini is leading the way in helping government, industry, and investment leaders solve hard problems both faster and cheaper. I’m excited to be a part of their Board and to help them accomplish their mission.”
Govini is a big data and analytics firm committed to transforming the business of government through data science. The company’s insights and analyses are utilized by federal contractors, federal agencies, private equity firms and hedge funds to guide their strategies and uncover opportunities. Govini was founded in 2011 and has offices in Arlington, Virginia and San Francisco, California.